Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not Even A Turn-On... Shut Down

Just when I get my office all organized and set-up the way I like it (No, you didn't miss anything.... I just mean I rearragned the furniture, bought a new bookshelf, and put together some hammie-down "cubes" -  but I will post pictures later) my computer takes a dump on me!
 
The darn thing won't even turn on....
Not even a turn on... and then shut down.... kinda of thing....
Makes me so aggrivated because I can't do anything about it.... I am horrible with electronics.... if it brakes, I buy a new one!
 
My computer is actually a mix of different brands...
The tower (haha, yes... I use very tenchical terms here on Come On Over)
is from a bro-friend who upgraded his computer and passed his down to me....
The monitor was a gift from the same bro-friend to the boyfriend
and the cheap-o mouse and keyboard was purchased at Wal-Mart when I realized we didnt have one ..... and I really wanted to get use it! 
 
Now... this isnt the first time this has happened....
I have had a couple of on-going issues with this computer...
Don't get me wrong... I'm thankful my friend helped me out ...
but I need something more reliable....
I mean... I'm a college student and an
aspiring professional blogger for goodness sakes *wink*!
 
So.... naturally... I did what I always do when something like this happens....
I called Mom....

Mom came to the rescue and looked online to see if I should get a new tower to replace the old one or or a whole new set-up...

Even though I hate to make such a big purchase off of only a days worth of whinning kicking screaming research, I decided on this guy from Amazon...
Its the HP Omni 120-1130 20-Inch Desktop (Black) for $522.07
I work on a similar computer at work and haven't had any issues with it *smiles*

Can't wait for it to come so I can set it up and get back into my routine!




 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It's a love/hate relationship I have with my computer.
    Looks like you picked a nice machine! Now the fun of setting it up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete