Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Celebration

Hope everybody enjoyed their Easter weekend with family and friends...

I celebrated Easter at my Mom's house.

 This is what I see as I pull in to the driveway....
Mr. E Bunny's House
 
My mom made this...
She is seriously the craftiest person I have ever known...
 Complete with a working lantern by the door, curtains in window and a carrot patch in the flower box.
AND it totally fits right in with her gardening!

Wait the excitement didn't end there...
I walk into the house and this is what I find on the counter waiting for me....
A Peep and Skittles Cake!
Talk about SUGAR OVERLOAD PEOPLE!

My sister surprised me with this cake...
("did I mention I am doing a low carb diet... oh well, guess it will start on Monday")
She is not usually a baker... in fact... she usually stands clear of the kitchen after the whole 1 1/2 cups of SALT instead of SUGAR incident when she was trying to bake SUGAR COOKIES.... 
Gotta love her.... *Smiles* 


Did you see, eat or do anything exciting during your Easter Weekend?



3 comments:

  1. What a cute cake! Love the bunny peeps! So sweet. I'm on low carb maintenance after losing 25 pounds on a low carb diet. I didn't watch my carbs the past few days, but will go back to a lower carb diet soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your sister is vindicated, but... somehow I don't think she ever will be... no matter how great the accomplishment! What a beautiful cake!
    And your mom made a lovely display. I wish I could enlarge the pic so I can see all the details.
    What else did you eat this weekend?

    ReplyDelete