Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Front Door Progress

The time has come and I couldn't be any more pleased with the result!
Thanks to Young House Love's post on painting a front door and the "thin and even coats" tip!  If you are thinking about painting your front door -  you must read this blog post first. 

It took me a little bit longer then expected to finish this project due to school, work and guests at the house the past couple of weekends... but it is finally done!
I love this color -  Dinner Party Red by Benjamin Moore.
I liked it more and more with every coat I did.
 To compliment my new front door look, I put on new hardware 
with a satin nickel finish...
  I also have a peep-hole door knocker to install but I pulled a rookie mistake by not making sure the finish of the handle matched the finish of the door knocker...
Opps... hehe... Guess that will lead to a front door update post... 
*Smile*

Now that I have this beautiful red front door, I still need to put something on the porch to livin' it up a bit...
Thinking about something like this....
...but to be honest with you...
every flower that I have tried to grow in a pot has died on me
so this may not be a good idea for me...

Since the weather has been absolutely beautiful lately, it is my mission to get my front door decor picked out and to do a little yard work during the next couple of weeks so that my homes curb appeal becomes the talk of the neighborhood... in a good way that is...
*wink*
 
 Are you catching up on any outdoor yard projects this week?



7 comments:

  1. Love your front door. LOVE. IT. and the hardware. Good job, Laurie-Anne.
    The secret to planters is to add fertilizer to the water and water EVERY day (maybe twice) and the pots need to drain. I have to admit - I don't even attempt hanging baskets, because they aren't forgiving at all... and nope... not doing any yard work yet. Forcasting snow tomorrow! yuk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The door looks great. I am looking forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Visiting you from Wow Us Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm digging the new door hardware! What a difference the red color makes to your porch area. Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a pretty color! It goes perfectly well with the blue shutter on your windows right beside it. The door knocker you installed is simple, but it gives just the right touch. Just an idea, you might want to install tiles on your front porch, ones that will match your gorgeous red door.

    Marla Hinds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been seeing a lot of red front doors lately! It made me think, or should I say inspire me to paint our front door with red too. Maybe you can add designs to the glass mirrors. A stained glass will do; just to give life to your exteriors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the perfect shade of red that I was looking for a door. I often find some that has a deep pomegranate color; which looks odd with the slab. Anyway, when you think of replacing or repainting your door, make it sure that it goes along with the color scheme of your house. It might look weird if two and two don't come along.

    Maricela @HomeCraftInc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So then paint the slab.

    ReplyDelete