Monday, February 27, 2012

Knock-Off Pumpkin Muffins

 
I don't know about you... but I LOVE Panera Bread's Pumpkin Muffins and am terribly disappointed when I walk run up to the counter to order one and they tell me they are all out.

So -  I decided to try to make these delicious little muffins myself... and I hate to toot my own horn, but they turned out pretty darn delicious.  Toot Toot!!!

The recipe I found online makes a dozen muffins and only takes 
about an hour from start to finish.  You will need 12 foil or paper liners and a 12 (1/2 Cup) Muffin Pan.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 Tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 Cup Canned Solid-Packed Pumpkin
  • 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 1 1/4 Cup (plus 1 Tbsp) Sugar
  • 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Tsp Salt
  • 1 Tsp Cinnamon
Directions 

Preheat oven to 350F with rack set to the middle

 Whisk together flour and backing powder in a medium size bowl

Whisk together pumpkin, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until smooth, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined

Stir together cinnamon and 1 Tbsp sugar in small bowl

Divide batter among muffin cups (3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture.  

Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Muffins should become puffed and golden brown.  Insert a wooden toothpick into the center of the muffin - toothpick should come out clean when muffin is done. 

Once they are done, let them stand for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.

The recipe suggested to serve them at room temperature, 
but I could eat them warm or cold myself ;-)
Yummmmmy!!!!  
I will definitely be making these bad-boys again :-)


*Found this recipe for Pumpkins Muffins online at www.muffintop.wordpress.com

3 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I love Panera Bread, so I'm sure these taste as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie,
    We don't eat fast food as a rule but Panera (and Mimi's) is on our short list! Will try the muffins! A new follower, welcome to Blogland!
    XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to try these! My kids love their pumpkin muffies! Pinned it!
    Jen@ fishsticksandtiddlywinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete