Monday, February 13, 2012

Garage Update

Ahhh... It's so nice to have everything neat and organized...

 In order to hang the peg board in this area, we had to cut in down to fit -  this is where my DIY Mom really comes in handy to teach me how to use a circular saw.
Supplies List:
Circular Saw
Peg Board
16 - 1/4 Steel Flat Washers
8 1" Round Head Bolts & Nuts

First we measured the exact size we needed in order to fit in between the walls of the shelving unit.  Now, some may say this is "Ghetto-Rigged" but I call it Pure Genius Two clamps and scrap wood and we have our selves a straight line :-)

Next we mounted the peg board to the shelving unit.

Front
Back
     
Now for the fun part -  organizing!  I picked up this assortment pack from Lowes.  It has every type of hook you can imagine for less than $10 bucks!  Can't get any better then that!
 And here is the finished product.  As you can see, I did not use my 47 hooks BUT my tool collection is still growing!  I packed up the left over hooks and will pull out what I need as my collection grows.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to be organized. Now...when you need a certain tool...you'll know just where to look for it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete